• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wheels

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Broke down my first Deuce wheel today. I'm thinking of having 11 of them sand blasted down to bare metal a repainting them. I have a guy who will do (sand blast) each wheel for $20.00. This is all in prep for mounting my 12:50R20 Michelin XL's. I figure while I've got the bare rims I may as well repaint. The directions in this thread: http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...&t=19623&sid=b2d7fe917bd724290045fbf4ddb1a280

Were very helpful, thanks to gimpyrobb!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: 12.5 x 20s

From what I've read here you can, I want to keep the rear duals, a deuce just isn't a deuce to me without duals in the rear.

Jakob

Re: RE: 12.5 x 20s

FMJ said:
From what I've read here you can, I want to keep the rear duals, a deuce just isn't a deuce to me without duals in the rear.
I want to do the same thing, run the XL's for better offroad ability but keep the duals. I'd like to know how they work out in duals and if they fit.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
from the looks of the pic they should work. As long as they're not rubbing each other at the bottom with the truck loaded. If they rub the will blow out in short order.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lane has them on his deuce in a duel config, and I have seen them elsewhere. I'm not going to be hauling anything more than firewood with mine.

Bigmillman

Re: RE: 12.5 x 20s

FMJ said:

I agree about the look of duals. However, I took off my inners to discover better fuel usage and better accelleration. I you sipe and groove them, they will love you for it.

jim-m35a2

What is the cost to sipe the NDT tires on a deuce? I have seen the results on regular tires and I would think it would only help the NDT MV tires on all kinds of roads, wet, snow covered, muddy etc.

Jim
________
Hurt From Nexium

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks