• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce winch parts???

themunitionscache

I have an M35A2 that came with a winch. I believe it is a Garwood. I use it for logging and the main gear in the winch stripped out. I tore the winch down and looked it over the main gear is the only thing I need. I know I could buy a new winch, and I probably will but I would like to know where I can buy just this gear. I will buy a new winch, but I still would like to repair this one and be able to repair winches in the future. So does anyone know where I can get this gear? Or does any one have a winch that they would part out? This is time sensitive because opperations are being held up to an extent.

Last edited:

joshuaz223

a gear could be made or you could buy a blank gear of the correct dimensions and have the bore machined to fit. there are several gear manufacturers that sell blanks quite reasonably.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
did the gear just ware out, or is it broke, like the teeth are pulled, if so ARE you using a SHEAR PIN

themunitionscache

The gear has key ways holding it on the shaft, dont know much about this stuff, where would the shear pin be if I had one? The teeth that are remaining, are wore out and sharp, and 2/3 of the theeth have been ripped off. It was in opperation, then a loud noise and it was done. There was no sign of oil ever being in the winch. I dont know if it was taken out or never put in due to extreem cold temperatures or what.

White Owl didnt have it although the guy on the phone thought for sure they did, Sam Winer has the part and is asking $350 for a decent used one. Memphis equipment has a new surplus one for $318. A used winch just sold up here for about $150, i dont think it had the cable though. You guys have helped out a lot! Im not sure if it would be possible to have a gear made or even a blank bored out for less than that. It seems like that would cost way more than $350. But I have no idea. A guy locally said he could make me one from scratch, but it would cost me over $1,000! Everything cost more in Alaska though. I am deffinately looking at buying a new winch, but I still would like to repair the one I have because there are not many of those winches for sale up here in AK, and shipping to get one up here would cost more than the winch is worth. Thanks very much for all the help!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the shere pin is at the input end of the pto shaft where it connects to the winch, the TM-10 covers the shere pin along with winch op.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks