• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with IHC cab - Pictures!

Somebody is selling a rather strange deuce on Ebay here. It has an IHC cab, never saw that before. Does anyone know why they were fitted with apparently civil cabs?
According to the text the vehicle is original Desert Storm era with markings.

here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.de/REO-KAISER-JEEP-...ryZ45642QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

People over here refer to the M35 generally as "Reo", so the author is not in error in the text of the ad.
I wonder if anyone takes it.

Mark

Attachments

cbvet

SeaBees got some International trucks in VietNam in '68. We had flatbeds & dumps.
I didn't pay a lot of attention, but thought they were just civilian trucks.
Eric
CBVET

Blake

truck

Looks to be something put together after it left government property by a private person. Probably they were both military trucks, just a combination of the two; they just didnt exist together as a whole while in service.

Melvinitis

Some one tell me when they see a field truck with clearance lights, when mounted the way those are, they get pulled off by a tree in the first half mile.

Agree with most so far, not orginal. Heck the paint jobs are even the same...

saddamsnightmare

March 18th, 2008.

Something to be said for an International: "TOO FAST FOR THE FIELD, TOO SLOW FOR THE ROAD" , and this one looks like it fell outta the ugly tree and hit every limb on the way down, poor thing. I think somebody wanted more comfort in the cab, but I can't imagine bothering to take the time to do the conversion.

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce.
''?'' Johnson MFG M105A2 MERDC or NATO 4 color woodland scheme
1963 Mercedes Benz Cargo Unimog S404.114 Swiss Army

nattieleather

The cab looks like it was off an air force truck. The air force used IHC trucks for a lot of different things. Somebody cobbled this one together.