• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with "issues"

jimm1009

My in tank pump stopped working about 1 month ago.
I've driven it to work about three times since it quit but have always started it cold and then shut it off for the day and then driven it home in the evening.
No hills here in Louisiana and about 17 miles one way on the highway with some stop and go traffic.
Any way, went out to start it Friday after coming home and shutting her down 30 minutes earlier and it was a no-go.
It will start if I use the cold-start "Kat-Juice" system but that is not a good thing to do when it is 65 degrees.
Obviously this is a fuel issue but I'm perplexed. I thought they would do o.k. at sea level without the in-tank pump.
I have not checked the primary filter because I don't have a way to bleed the system without a pump but the filter is about three months old and I have removed the tank and cleaned it out really well about three months ago.
No more crap in there and about 75% gas/diesel with about 25% ultra-filtered waste motor oil.
I do need to fix the pump but wanted to find another in-tank unit before I pull this one if it can be fixed.
Yes I checked for power and have a secondary good ground wire attached too...in other words it really is the pump this time.
Why is it not wanting to start when hot at sea level?
jimm1009

goldneagle

I really think you need the intank fuel pump working to start and run the truck. Otherwise there would be no need for the intank fuel pump. You may also want to check the fuel lines for any air leaks. When you are trying to pull fuel any leak will make it hard for the fuel to be pulled. When you use the intank pump you are pushing fuel instead of pulling. A small air leak will not interfere with the fuel flow. My friend had a problem like that in his FORD truck. He added hose clamps to all the hose joints and the problem went away.

Last edited: