• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

:-( Deuce won't run need hydraulic head :-(

Massm35a2

Had the Deuce a week and Big$$$$ gone :-(

Just got 6 new fuel lines and it is still leaking at the hydraulic head. I can not get the lines to stop leaking. Please if anyone can help me I need it. I don't know what to do. Had to get toed from NJ to MA at 3000 bucks and I still have a dead truck. :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: :-( Deuce won

Perhaps check your injectors. Also try taking the lines loose at the injectors and removing all the clamps that secure the lines to each other. Loosen them and then tigten them in the head. They may be forced out of alignment and unhooking them from everything could remedy that.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Make sure there is no rust or debris down inside the head. If the boots were ripped or missing, crap gets in there. had to take mine apart 3 times. Get some brake cleaner and a bunch of clean rags. Torque the lines...I THINK it's 55 ft lbs. I'll look it up in the TM. If the ferruls have any marks on them, get some scotch brite and clean them up.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Man, i can't find it. It will take me a day or so. Ihate PDF crap, nothin better than a book in front of you.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Well, I can't find the torque. I know I have seen it, I did mine. I'm pretty sure it's in the TM9-2815-210-34-2-2 manual. They will strip the threads on the lines if over tightened..ask me how I know. I'll keep looking, I think the manual above is posted here.

Massm35a2

Thanks for the tips, You guys are great.
Wish me luck, I am gonna work on her tomorrow. I found a place that has brand new Hydralic heads, but they are in China.

Massm35a2

rdixiemiller said:
Before I would buy a Chinese hydraulic head, I would buy the injection pump, lines, and injectors that are on E-Bay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mili...26QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have no connection with the seller. I bought an item from him once I believe, it was shipped promptly and was what I expected.
Best of luck!
I was looking at those but, I was wondering about all the rust. Looks like that engine was sitting out in the weather for a wile.

rdixiemiller

You must be seeing something I don't. The truck still has the hood on it, he is starting to part it out.
There is some surface rust on my truck's injection lines, pretty much not a problem.

I still can't get over a $3000 tow bill!

Massm35a2

Yeah, $200 an hour round trip. Huge rain storm and He was following me. I missed the exit for the tappen z and took the washington bridge thrugh NY city :-( I had to call into work for 2 days. so I was desperate. I was at the TA in Columbia NJ They would not help me. They were bad over there.

Massm35a2

All Fixed :-D Been riding around in the deuce all day. Felt great to hear that whistle again. Boy did I turn heads, LOL Some people had there jaws dropping to the ground. For some reason a few backed away as I approached. Took her to church and had to give a few rides after the service. I will try to post some pics later when my friend sends them to me. He followed me and got some great shots with the foliage. I also got to try out my Train Horns. Super loud. :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how was it fixed?
Had a similar problem while on the road in Missouri six weeks ago. With the help from this list, we diagnosed the problem as a clogged injector. Problem was solved by replacing the injector (leak around the fitting on top of hydraulic head) and the apparently failed hydraulic head.
Cost was minimized thanks to unbelievable help from Jason Curtis in Arkansas and moral support from this list.

Tell us how you fixed your problem. TIA.

Massm35a2

cranetruck said:
How much did that set you back, the head in particular?
The Head was $100 + $48 shipping It takes about 2 weeks between waiting for the money to clear the bank and the shipping. They were great to deal with.

New set of Lines were also $100

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those are great pics!! I love seeing 'em on the road............ Nice looking truck :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks