• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did CUCV's get glove box build sheets?

AJMBLAZER

Someone asked this on ColoradoK5 and now I'm curious too...mine doesn't have a sheet in the glove box but my truck isn't indicative of all the others.

If they did...anyone know the code GM used to designate the Detroit Locker in the rear of the 1008's and 1028's?
Which brings up the question of whether or not the 1028's got a different code for the front limited slip?

JB

RE: Did CUCV

If you are talking about the laminated sheet that shows factory color engine type & interior color, I have seen them in the glove box & on the LF interior fender. I only have 1009's so I can't answer the second part of your question.

fredrader

My 1008 has one in the glove box..here is a link to a pic of it..Click on the link and again on the pic for the largest view..Mine said something about an Air Force Vehicle Ident on it.

AJMBLAZER

Actually G80 is the "traction adder" code as the F and G bodies which got clutch style limited slips got the same code and so do the H2's and H3's with the Eaton E-Locker in the rear. So we got to wondering about what code, if any, the Detroit equiped CUCV's ended up with?

mangus580

AJMBLAZER said:
Actually G80 is the "traction adder" code as the F and G bodies which got clutch style limited slips got the same code and so do the H2's and H3's with the Eaton E-Locker in the rear. So we got to wondering about what code, if any, the Detroit equiped CUCV's ended up with?
Intersting. I had always seen it referred to specifically as the 'gov-lock' limited slip. Oh well. Not much importance to me, as both my vehicles have the gov-lock for sure rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks