• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did my IP just die?

galeo7171

I drove the 1009 to work this morning, ran fine. Parked the truck in the parking lot. It was parked on a slight incline, nose down. About 8 hours later, I notice a puddle of diesel fuel underneath the truck, I know for a fact that it didn't start leaking utnil at least 8 hours after I parked it. I crank it up, drive it around the parking lot and it seems to have lost a bit of power!

I know that the IP has a small leak at the accelerator cable, but did my IP just officially crap out?

mangus580

Its possible, but I would look for another source of the leak as well. If you have a puddle under it, its probably a more substantial source.

dependable

sorry to say, probably yes. Leaking IP pump never good . If you try to accelerate, and it seems lame, and gets worse every trip until you have to tow it, it is probably IP pump. you are lucky to get back to home turf at this point. Definatly check out above suggestions first, but ...

CCATLETT1984

dependable said:
sorry to say, probably yes. Leaking IP pump never good . If you try to accelerate, and it seems lame, and gets worse every trip until you have to tow it, it is probably IP pump. you are lucky to get back to home turf at this point.
When IP's fail its almost never sudden and would not cause a puddle of fuel to leak out with the truck off.

dependable

I had one that started to go slow , when it failed, after I trailered it home, driven shaft pulled out from back as I removed it from truck.. .. I hope it is a simpeler problem for you, just a leaky line..or lift pump

EZFEED

Whats so complicated about rebuilding an IP?

Are the IP's for the CUCV un-rebuildable or something? Just a bunch of O'rings and seals.

maritimer

along with orings and seals there some precision machineing and testing requiring specialized equipment that most people dont have laying around

galeo7171

Update: I changed the filter and the power is back to normal, but when I let it sit overnight, it still had a spot of diesel about the size of a basketball underneath the truck, right under the bellhousing. Its hard to start after it sits overnight, but once you get it running you can shut it off and it will fire right back up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks