• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did the M885 have locking hubs or differential lock

NateDawg1775

I just bought a M885, and so far I've done a bit of work on it to get in good driving condition, the other day i realized i was driving in Hi-Loc and when turning it pulled alot, so i switched back to Hi. but I was wandering does the m880 series have differential locks or locking hubs?

Elwenil

Agreed. The "Loc" positions on the transfer case shifter lock the center differential that splits torque between the front and rear axles. Leave it unlocked on hard surfaces to prevent driveline binding and breakage. Off road shift to Loc and it will act like a part time 4WD truck when it's in 4WD with both axles getting equal torque 100% of the time.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even without lockers in the differentials the 880s have awesome traction as long as all 4 wheels are on the ground. If one wheels starts to slip, you can apply brake and the opposite wheel will bite. My 880 once pulled a Mack roll-off out of a deep hole. The driver (and I) could hardly believe it.