• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did you know....

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That all this damage MUST have been caused by the "chain we use to pull all the trucks around that don't start". aua

I move a LOT of vehicles around, and I have yet to figure out how you "pull" a tractor, and are able to back it in a corner against a fence with a jersey barrier next to it!!

The response from the GL rep was: "My guys would never use a forklift to move something like that".

For a truck that has "been there a good long time" those marks sure look pretty fresh to me. But you be the judge.

Attachments

KsM715

You got any photos from the sale that you could use for comparison? I hope you filed a claim.

BTW Does the GL yard there share the yard with DRMO? Here at Ft Riley both GL and DRMO move stuff around all the time. When I go out to preview trailers I look at the week before will be moved somewhere else and Ive seen the DRMO guys moving sold GL lots without a care in the world. It pains me to say this but it isnt always GL.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, broken U-bolt; got pics from the sale, but nothing detailed enough to show the damage.
It wasn't moved from the time sale pics were taken.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You got any photos from the sale that you could use for comparison? I hope you filed a claim.

BTW Does the GL yard there share the yard with DRMO? Here at Ft Riley both GL and DRMO move stuff around all the time. When I go out to preview trailers I look at the week before will be moved somewhere else and Ive seen the DRMO guys moving sold GL lots without a care in the world. It pains me to say this but it isnt always GL.
:ditto:The DRMO fork truck guy broke the air tank off my otherwise mint M105A2 trailer I got out there 3 weeks ago, moving it post auction. When I was waiting for my M1009 EUC out there to clear, I was picking up another lot and saw a DRMO guy using my truck to pull and jump other trucks out there. I asked him why he was doing it and he stated,"this is the only runner they had in the back lot". 2 weeks later when my EUC cleared my batteries were dead as they had left ignition on!!! The GL crew got me jumped and on the road.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a shame that happen to you.
Some people just dont care about what they do.
And do this kind of damage to this equipment and have
no sence of mind and dont care about what they did.
I bet if you went out and drove forks through ther auto with 30 K loader they will have an hissy fit.:-(

Not that this compares, but earlier this year I went to pick up a front axle out of a 7.35-ton truck. It weighs about 1750#, so I used my M1008 to get it. All was fine until the guy running the fork lift had a momentary lapse of reasoning. He sat the crate on my tailgate and before I could stop him from letting the weight down too fast (I would have let it down slowly to see how she took it), my tailgate buckled. It was a prestine truck until that moment of it's life. I also found out how hard it is to get a new tailgate. It is right between very hard and mission: impossible to find one that is not dented anywhere and they only want a reasonable amount for it. Thanks lazy, fat guy who doesn't give a flying fling if he damages someone else's property - just so long as he doesn't have to pay for it. From now on, no more Mr. Niceguy.
If they even look slightly lazy or have the attitude of "I ain't happy wit dis job", I tell them not to worry about helping me with anything, and just show me where the item is. If it is damaged, I refuse to take it. I refused an M1009 in GA recently because it had a big rust hole I could easily stick my fist through in the front floorboard, and it wasn't on any of the pics on the auction. The GL rep was extremely nice and pointed to two trucks that had just come in and asked if one of them would do. I ended up with an M1009 that just needed a single new battery and was driveable after that for the same $700 bid, and no rust whatsoever. When I filed the SF97, they emailed me asking if the VIN was correct, I told them it was, and they said no problem and issued me a Florida title for it. Every once in a while you're the windshield and not the bug. It usually pays to play hardball with these guys. I would not have accepted that deuce with the damage it had incurred. Nope, no way, not even if they said "pretty-please with sugar on top".

KsM715

I really, really, really wish GL would move all sold lots to a locked "Sold" yard. It is not right for them or DRMO to move and use a truck once payment has been made.

Flyingvan911

"I swear I ordered the forklift to stop but it just kept going and ran into your truck anyway." I was lucky. My deuce wasn't moved in the whole 6 months waiting for the EUC. Fort Riley is usually pretty good about not smashing things.

JDToumanian

I shouldn't be sticking up for GL, but I don't think they did this damage. While it looks fresh in a few areas, there is also a lot of rust there. I bet that damage is 12-18 months old, probably happened when the truck was turned in to DRMO.

Jon

mf5129

i have previewed lots before a sale with damage as well.they are damaged from turn in to final loadout.my biggest issue is missing parts.cucv body parts are relatively easy to repair or replace.these diesel parts add up quick.and are becoming obsolete.the cucv will soon be out of sales the supply is drying up.