• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel tank vent..... where should it go?

ramdough

So, I pulled the spare tire down and noticed a hose just hanging out there. I traced it back to the diesel tank. Guessing it is the vent.

Where should the free I go?

Is there a breather plug or filter supposed to be in the hose end?

Should it be tied up somewhere?

It literally was bent 180 degrees and tied to the hydraulic hoses under the spare tire.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

Bent 180 and zip-tied to the hydraulic lines is typical. Some may have a little vent cap thingy in them, but I believe mine is as you describe...
Thanks for the answer. I think I will find a fuel vent cap or use a small online filter. Having it wide open just feels wrong to me.

Reworked LMTV

Expedition Campers Limited, LLC
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the answer. I think I will find a fuel vent cap or use a small online filter. Having it wide open just feels wrong to me.

I thought same. Maybe sintered brass filter??? Hose barb to NPT fitting to filter would work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks