• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel VS Gas

JeremyB

SO,I bought a M35A2 last week and Now have my sights on another Deuce. The thing is the second one is gas powerd. I am wondering what the good/bad issues that come with the 331? Gremlins,notorious issues,ETC...

I am new to this, So I figured I would ask.

Thank you

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DDoyle and a few others are big fans of the gassers. I've never been around a gasser myself but in most things that can be had either way I always opt for the diesel. Usually more power, better fuel mileage, and tend to last longer.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gasser is quieter, smoother, shifting pattern/ratio is better, about the same power as a stock multi.

Multi gets better MPG, can run on other fuels, can be turned up for more power.

As far as longevity, the gasser is considered a medium duty truck engine, and can be rebuilt in-frame like a large diesel.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gasser is a 331 cubic inch engine, the diesels are 478 cubes. Nuff said in the power department??!! I find the gassers to be in no way comparable to what a multifuel turned up will do. It depends on what you want the truck to do. If you want it because it is representative of the earlier models of these trucks and do not intend to work it hard, then go for it. I am all for preserving the earlier brothers to the diesel trucks.
Regards Marti

JeremyB

The gasser is a 331 cubic inch engine, the diesels are 478 cubes. Nuff said in the power department??!! I find the gassers to be in no way comparable to what a multifuel turned up will do. It depends on what you want the truck to do. If you want it because it is representative of the earlier models of these trucks and do not intend to work it hard, then go for it. I am all for preserving the earlier brothers to the diesel trucks.
Regards Marti
It is not in any way going to be a worker, More of a play truck to put some Agg tires on and play in the mud with.

Barrman

I have one of each.

4-5 mpg on the Gasser. It will flat out scream down a flat stretch of road however. The engine red line is like 3200 rpm. The governor stops it around there by the way. Anyway, with 11.00 tires on mine the GPs has said 71 mph a few times. The exhaust manifold glows real pretty red at night.

I look at the Gasser as a parade vehicle around town kind of truck because of the mileage, lack of umph up a hill compared to the multi and the price of fuel. It is great around town though because it is so quiet and smooth.

Then I get in the multi and hear the whistle. I then wonder how I could love any other sounding vehicle.

Basically, I rotate between the two for stuff like taking my son to practice and Scouts. With the multi being the truck of choice for out of town recovery adventures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks