• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference in gauges/senders. Quite note:

Gunfreak25

Difference in gauges/senders. Quick note:

Some have asked if you can use the older M series gauges (metal connectors) on the newer M series vehicles (rubber connectors), and visa versa.

The answer is YES, but only for the oil senders and oil gauges. There is no difference between the early gauges/senders and the newer gauges/senders aside from the difference in connectors.

The answer is also NO. This is for the water temp senders and gauges. Aside from having either a metal or rubber connector, the Military wanted TWO types of water senders/gauges. It appears the early gauges (metal connectors) had a temperature range of 60-260 degrees. When the rubber connectors were standardized, the Military went to gauges with a 120-240 degree range.

Rule of thumb. When getting a replacement oil sender, make sure it reads "60lbs" or "120lbs", whatever you need. When getting a replacement water sender, your stuck using the one with the proper connector for your gauge.

I ran into this issue myself back when I was putting 24V stuff on a 455 Oldsmobile engine. I purchased 24V senders off a Multifuel engine. They had rubber shells but my gauges had metal shells. I just made adapters, trouble is the water sender was for the newer 120-240 gauge, my truck being an older M211 had the 60-260 gauge.

Just clearing up any confusion for those new to M series stuff..

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks