• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

differential disassembly

snowbear

I am trying to disassemble the diff for one of my axles. I pulled the bull gear/carrier, pinion gear/shaft and little pin next to the ring gear that is under the top cover.

I removed the side cover for the ring gear shaft and the small plate with 2 bolts in the end of the shaft.

The outer sleeved section that holds the outer bearing would not come out so I ran 2 bolts into the small holes to jack it out. It came almost 1/4" and stopped.

So I put it back together to see if I messed something up. When I snug up the side cover over the ring gear shaft the ring gear and pinion bind and it is almost impossible to turn the drive flange.

I put all the shims back exactly as they came out.

What have I done wrong? Better, what do I do to make it right? :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks