• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diodes have jumper envy

319cssb

I was going through the electrical stuff as part of my PMCS. And found out that the horn would not work, but do something as i could hear a clicking sound from the fusebox area.
Found out the wire to the horn was clipped and missing just after the filter cap. So i soldered a new wire on after checking the cap isnt OL.
Then i verified 12v and sure enough there was. But also 12v without the horn button being pressed. It only went to .3v after turning the service switch off.

And here is where i state. Diodes have jumper envy. And you know what- once they turn into a jumper, thats the good life- they'll never turn back. And with that said need to be replaced. Or as in this case cut out. I think the only purpose is to avoid some backfeed anyway.

So to make a long story short. Its better to check for a diode that turned to a jumper, rather than clipping the wire to the horn.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s one of the many things already covered in the CUCV sticky’s
Pics showing location and everything.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks