• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Directional Signal Lever Removal...

Asmoday

Hello all,

I have read the TM and this sounds so easy but for some reason my lever does not want to come out. I have the steering wheel off etc. etc. due to other items that need attention in there...:)

Is there some trick to getting the lever to come out?

How hard should I be pulling on it so it comes out?

Thanks!

its slightly tricky but not hard. Apply a little inward pressure and then try rotating it. It just has a small tap thats holding it in. Its all plastic so dont get to crazy with it just good firm pressure.

Asmoday

Thank you for the advice..! Probably a stupid question but I am to rotate the main body...the chrome part correct? Not the end of the lever...

I tried pushing in on the main body of the lever and then rotating slightly counter clockwise....Doing this should I feel a slight click then turn clockwise and pull out?

Thanks!

if memory serves me correctly rotate the body not the slip on portion with the wiper sprayer tab on it. I cant remember if there was a click, but push in and wiggle back and forth and it will come out. just had mine out a few days ago, will check for you tonight exactly and report back

Barrman

Yes, or at least I have always pulled the wheel to do it. The metal arm that hooks onto the blinker switch needs to be pulled off and the wheel has to be gone to do that.

Asmoday

I actually did not have to remove my steering wheel to remove it.

I was able to remove and reinstall it with the steering wheel still on no problem.

So...YMMV....:)