• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY Filter Funnel for CUCV

GreenBull

I have been running a homebrewed WMO blend in my M1028 and have been refueling from the NATO fuel cans that I've stored my product in. In looking for a good funnel I discovered that 2 inch PVC pipe fits the CUCV filler neck nicely and was very stable. Using a 60 degree elbow, a neoprene 2-4" adapter and a sock filter clamped into place by the neoprene adapter made a very effective and stable filter funnel.

This one would be better with pics but unfortunately I haven't taken any yet. If you have a short piece of scrap 2" PVC, try it in your filler neck. You will see that it bottoms out at about 5", doesn’t rotate easily and is very stable. The 60 degree elbow puts the bell mouth of the neoprene adapter very close to level and at a height that is comfortable when pouring fuel from a fuel can with or without a spout.

I had some 2 and 4' PVC scrap and used surplus pantyhose. The elbow and the adapter cost 10 bucks at Home Depot.

I hate spilling stuff and this worked. Just thought I'd pass it along.

xenocath

searching.............
good idea, i used a piece off an old shop vac i had laying around fit about the same and makes it alot easier on me when filling tank.