• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Seatyger

I made rock sliders for my M1028 after seeing some built in a Peterson's 4wheel and offroad article. (See Link)
1986 Chevy 1-ton Army Truck - Chevy Brand Pages - 4-Wheel & Off-Road

I though that it was a great Idea but wanted mine a little different. For one I didn't want them to be welded to the frame, I wanted them easily removable if need be. Two, I really didn't like how the supports were open on the bottom, seemed like it would just hold mud.

LIST OF MATERIALS THAT I USED:
  • Rock Slider main body and supports (2"x3"x1/8" rectangle tubing)
  • Round step tube (1-1/2" sch40 pipe)
  • Step tube supports (1-1/4" sch40 pipe)
  • (16) 7/16-20 bolts nuts washers and lock washers
  • 1/4" plate for the mounting brackets
You will need around 20 total feet of the rectangle tubing, I think I bought 24' just in case i messed up.

You will need about 15-16' total feet of the 1-1/2 sch40 pipe

You will need about 3' feet or so of the 1-1/4 sch40 pipe for the tube supports

You will need probably about 2'x2' foot piece of 1/4 thick plat for the mounting brackets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks