• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dn't Look, MORE tests!

Dodge man

Testing file size

Tried four at once, size 0, 6, 9, and 11. Nothing happened on bar gauge and timed out.

Trying singlely. Size 0 loaded with some delay. Size 6 would not load even by itself.

All files 640 x 480. File sizes 60K, 193k, 193K (yes, the same), and 346k.

Going to take a break to create more files between 60k and 193K.

Attachments

Dodge man

Quality of 5 and less uploaded ok. Trying Quality 6 (112K) again.

edit. That was 112k. I need to take a break. The numbers are getting away from me!

Last edited:

Dodge man

Nope, Quality 6 (193k) will not load.

Trying multiple files to see if TOTAL file size matters. Will try qualtity 0, 2, 4 and 5 at the same time. 60k, 72k, 99k and 112k.

Nope, the system choked again!

Trying just the two large files, Quality 4 and 5.

As expected it choked.

I'm going to try uploading the same four files (0, 2, 4 &5) individually. I expect that will work.

OK they uploaded so I'll post this message and see if it works!

Attachments

Dodge man

One last test and then I'm going to take a break. I'm going to try and upload a large pixel count (1800x 474) file at a low quality (4) and small file size (80.8). I think this will work. If it does it means that it's not pixel count that matters but file size.

edit: don't know how the smilely got in there. I must have it a control key. The file size was 8 0 . 8 K

Attachments

Last edited:

Dodge man

Hmmm. That worked. Sort of! I think the server resized the file. The image is now 800 x 112!

But I guess the good part is that it IS possible upload images larger than 640x480. FWIW this file (80.8K) uploaded quickly.

Taking a break.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks