• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do Not Overfill- Allow for expansion

wsucougarx

Good question. Non-vented fuel cap, hot day, build up of pressure in the tank, no room to expand...not sure if that would be enough pressure to blow the tank up but may be enough to ruin some seals like the in tank fuel pump seal.

Jinx

Buy me a Coke
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it would seep out around the in tank fuel pump cover. My deuce has some old diesel residue there which I think is due to this very thing happening. There are 10 screws that hold the pump in the tank, but there is no gasket. It's just metal on metal. (at least that's how it is on my truck.)

emr

yea the simple answer is it will leak out, and the pressure will leak at the cap also...this does create a dangerous situation...and a messy one...

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
well it can get sucked up the vent lines and in to the master cylinder and where ever else that line(s) go.. do they vent in to the intake anyplace?
This is what I am/ was worried about...
are the various vents discussed together in the TMs anywhere?
does the fuel tank vent connect to a crank case vent?