• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge CUCV- not a 880

mtn man

Was this Dodge a form of CUCV? I don't think it was 880 it was too new I remember. Digging through old hard drive today where everything is really mixed up, but found some of my old surplus pics. These were was taken about 10-12 years ago while I was with the NC Forest Service.

We would get lots of old military hardware to use in fire fighting for transport and off road use. I remember when we got the Dodge 1 ton from GSA and it was camo with black out lights... we already had several 1008's and 1009's and also a 1028A2 that was mint (havne't found picture yet). At this time we already had the 880's in the graveyard and this was a newer truck.

When I saw this pic I thought I haven't ever seen another one like this. It took a ton of sanding and if you were close you could still see the camo carc under the FS green.

Working here is where I developed my liking for these trucks.... just got a 1009 last week and really enjoy the time I get to spend on them.

Attachments

Last edited:

mtn man

Here are pics I took of our 'junk yard' at the forest service... full of full tracks (113's?) Someone at the office had a thing for getting these 'free toys'... had the plan to use them during major fire incidents. I need to get some of these on the other forums. Don't know if these are still up there or not. Found 1 pic earlier and posted on 'salvage yard' thread. There were lots of parts trucks and equipment up there that would be used for parts... needless to say the full tracks got very little use.... The old Jeeps were really neat.

Attachments