• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does anyone know if they used m35a2cs in somilia '93?

Imapapallama

me and my son share a deuce and since hes big on military, i get him military equitment because he loves it. he got a plate carrier with the name twombly on it and we found out that a twombly servered in the battle of mogudishu(aka black hawk down) and he decided he was gonna replicate twomblys outfit as a tribute to those who gave their lives. he also had the idea of painting the truck up to one used in somlia 93. the thing is we dont know if they used them or if they only used 5 tons. any help would be nice.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
me and my son share a deuce and since hes big on military, i get him military equitment because he loves it. he got a plate carrier with the name twombly on it and we found out that a twombly servered in the battle of mogudishu(aka black hawk down) and he decided he was gonna replicate twomblys outfit as a tribute to those who gave their lives. he also had the idea of painting the truck up to one used in somlia 93. the thing is we dont know if they used them or if they only used 5 tons. any help would be nice.
I just talked to a guy in my unit that was with the Tenth Mountain in Somalia, he said yes they did have Deuces there. They did also use 5 tons, so both are correct.

Imapapallama

thanks so much. out of curiosity, could someone help with correct bumper numbers? or correct paint color because half our other sources seem to be unrealiable

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
"Google Blackhawk Down After Action Report" and see if you can find official transcripts of the incident. That would have all the US units involved listed in it.

The paint could have been either tan or cammo since a lot of units at that time had been deployed to Desert Storm and had mixed colored equipment.

The worthless UN forces also had vehicles there. Their flag was unmistakable. It was a yellow limp dik on a blue background.

jasonjc

I think after Desert Storm only the 1st CAV kepted there trucks tan. Even new ones were repainted tan, but we still had green tops and cargo covers.:?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks