• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does not start

lbell

HELLO: I was wondering who determines if say a 2 1/2 ton truck does not start. is it the motor pool personel or GL people who determine if somthing does not start?and what is the process of them trying to start a vehicle? what i mean is do they just get in and turn the key and if it does not start thats it?or do they actually really try to get the truck or what ever started by all means?thanks Larry

KsM715

The unit turning in the truck usually give that info and drmo and GL just go with it.

Ive seen trucks at Ft Riley that have does not start or no brakes written on the door and asked about them and was told it was turned in that way.

yamabro

Like gimpyrobb said its usually the GL personnel. Most of the time the surplus property is just dropped off with no condition report.

Jinx

It's been my experience that "no start" could be dead batteries or a blown engine. It's part of the fun of buying government surplus. You don't know what you're getting until it's in your possession. :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The biggest reason most MV's on a GL lot won't start is because someone leaves the battery switch on resulting in the low air buzzer kicking on and draining the batteries.

I have never picked up a truck at Redstone that would not start with a slave off.

This second most common malady is low brake pedal or no brakes followed by light issues.

A vehicle that says "won't start" will keep some buyers away....if you can go preview in person and take slave cables or a set of batteries with you then you are in the catbird seat when bidding starts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks