• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghouse Not Latching After Seal Replacement

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seal on our M1123 doghouse was rotted out so I repainted the fiberglass and installed a new seal. Now, for the life of me, and with all my weight pushing on the doghouse, I cannot get the latches at the top to grab. Is there a trick to getting them to seat properly after a seal replacement?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sit in the center and push with your feet
You do not want to use a Dzus fitting that tight, it can damage the spiral cams. there is a proper way to set up the connectors and then there are others, like bending back the spring mounting tabs.

thompsoncustom

ya probably not the right way to do it but just mentioned it because that's what I had to do the first time after adding killmat behind my seal. Now it's still tight but doesn't require force to get it to lock down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks