• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doh! moment

combat32

Anybody else here ever put your transfer in low, forget about it, then take off down the road and wonder why you can't get over 25mph in 5th?:?

I actually drove deuces in the Army, I must be gettin old,

cornrichard

That is no fun. Even less fun is pulling the hand throttle instead of the fuel shut off when you get home after dark. I always throw the master switch and then shut off the engine. Pull the wrong lever and instant panic.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Believe it or not, we had a member that drove a truck home from GL in low range. What made it even better was that this was not his first truck. I will not name names.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. But have had the lever drop to neutral before, took a couple min to figure out why the truck wouldn't move.

gunboy1656

Heck, I'll admit to running with my truck in low. The day mine came home, I didnt look to see what position it was in (checked everything else out on it) was heading down the road cursing up a storm. when I got into my parking lot I realized it. Total trip in low..just over a mile.

It had only been 13 years since I drove one.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Er, well, how about pulling onto I-35 in mid afternoon traffic. Went to pick up my first deuce and brought my Chief Engineer along. and let him take the first half of the trip. He had 8 years in a deuce and tanks......Dont think I need to say more....

Bunch of ticked off people....also in a construction site...

AceHigh

More than once I have found myself in the left turn lane with the flasher still saying I am making a right turn.

I think I am too old to remember to cancel the signal manually. aua

Of course I have never made any of the other mistakes above. :D

jimm1009

:ditto:
Me too...when I went to Pineville, LA to pick up my first one and I had not driven a deuce in 22 years. I drove two miles or so on country roads to the first gas station and was cursing too. :oops:

That little instruction plate right in the front of the steering wheel area there just did not mean a thing as I was so excited after doing my PMs for 2 hours and getting off base, well what can I say. I too initially failed in my driver duties.

jimm1009

PS: If that is the worst thing that we do then I thnk that we are doing pretty dag-gone good.:driver:

markmontana

I took off from Ft McCoy in my -A3 in low. It was my first time driving an A3, and I knew it would be slow, but 25 down the highway was freakin' me out. If you've been on that road, you know there is no room to pull off for about a mile, and I had traffic lined up behind me. I thought- what a piece of crap truck!!! What a relief when I saw that lever down on the floor...

Of course I can rationalize and say I did it to get the tranny warmed up and check out low range....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks