• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Donaldson Filters/Gaskets

cten

I'm getting ready to change out the primary fuel filter and I purchased Donaldson filters.

I was curious before I started this job if anyone had any issues with the gaskets provided with the Donaldson filters not fitting or matching up correctly?

I was planning on doing all (3) filters on the same day and I'm trying to prevent any unforseen issues that may arise.

Feed back is very much appreciated.

Regards,

cten

Just started doing the Primary Fuel filter today and when we took off the canister the filter looked the same size, but did not look the same.

I have pictures coming for advice shortly.

We bled the system and started the truck and drove for 4-5 miles with no issues using the same filter.

The filter looked decent with some particles, but not outragous.

Guess I can look at this as a dry run and will need to find the correct filters.

Does anyone else have a 1981 or 1983?

Regards,

cten

Here is a picture of the primary fuel filter.

Depending on which picture your looking at the primary filter that came out of the truck has a small inner hole to pass the bowl nut through.

The one I purchased is the larger center hole filter.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Obviously not the same...

Makes me wonder about the secondary and third filters?

Also, conerns me if the oil filters are the correct ones or not.

I'll have to open up one of the oil canisters and the secondary fuel canisters and see if they look the same.

Does anyone know if they changed the filters and canisters?

As I have noticed in the Memphis book that I have the primary fuel filter is mounted on its side? Is this correct?

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Anything is very much appreciated.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Baldwins and Wix primary filters I use have the same configuration. I've found that as long as I make sure they go up square, the spring holds the filters against the lip in the housing. I've experienced no ill effects from this. One day I'll make a bushing for both ends just to insure the filter stays straight during reassembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks