• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't let your wife see a blank bridge plate painted yellow.

Flea

RE: Don

She and a friend saw me driving in it last weekend with the big yellow plate on the front of the truck and her friend asked what was with the wal-mart smiley face on my truck. She explained (I'm proud of her for knowing this!) what a bridge plate is to her friend, but said yeah, it does look like it should be a smiley face.

I mentioned today I was going to repaint it, she snuck out while I had my back turned, apparently.

davidkroberts

i think you should keep it. it gives it character. Besides if your wife see's you arent taking your hobby too seriously she might not ride you too hard about your next purchase....... :driver:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

She's pretty funny! Definitely a keeper. Personally, I would put a bullet hole between the eyes of the WalMart smiley. That's what I think of Wally World anyways.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

It's a subliminal sign of how she feels about your truck!! Be glad! Keep it! That's good evidence!

(They're cheap. Buy some others for "show.")

[thumbzup]

dc3coyote

Cool does she have a sister?
Oh yea you know if she has learned what a bridge plate is, That means you have to really listen to her and pick up something you could probably care less about.
I would recomend Coldplay or Greys anatomy, either one of those things would surprise her if she overheard you explaing it to a friend.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, now that you've posted this, you will be expected to display this particular bridge plate at ALL SS rallies and events!!

If your wife wants a shop van, then I'd say that's a great opportunity to gain another MV for the cause. I lucked out with my deuce. I bought it in Vermont at Camp Johnson. It belonged to a Vermont Army National Guard unit that was in the town that my wife grew up in. It was ironic when I found it and won it on GL. Anyway, I think she considers it, "hers" in that sense. Especially since I'm having it restored and painted with the 1971 (Viet Nam) paint scheme and the bright white #s of the VTARNG's 2/172 AR. So... maybe I'm good-to-go on a second truck, too!

It's good to have a good truck-partner. (Even if it means having a smiley face on your bridge plate). If it gets you another truck in the driveway, it's got to be worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks