• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Glass Seal

rcb

Greetings:
I found NOS glass to replace the shattered door windows on my 923 and now looking for the rubber seal / rubber channel / whatever you call it, that
goes around the edge of the glass when assembled in the metal window frame. Anyone know where to purchase ??
Thanks...
Bob

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would find the part you need in the parts TM, then google the nsn number.

runk

If it is the same as the u-channel ones used in the deuce, good luck ! There are some threads in the deuce section about different alternatives. Note that the bottom piece is a different x-section then the other three. I tried a bunch of stuff- different close but not quite right channels from Mc-Master Carr and some other rubber suppliers, some mastic "tape" that a glass supplier recommended, and the cork / rubber blend tape the hot rodders use between the glass and the metal frames. None worked at all well, and I broke one of the (unreasonably expensive, I thought ~$40) replacement pieces of safety glass I had cut locally. I ended up buying replacement assemblies (glass in the metal frame) from Eriks -
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/dowiasform3s.html
Should have done that from the start, no hassle, no painting, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks