• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door handle issues

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a puzzling door handle issue I can't figure out. My 2004 M1083A1 has the pull-down style handles so the "left" handle is on the passenger door. **** thing hasn't worked since I got it and I suspect it was at least part of why this truck was surplussed. The trip was broken when it got here so I replaced that and put everything back together. Worked for a couple of times and then stopped working again. Took it apart, didn't change anything, put it back together and it worked for a couple of times. Rinse and repeat. When it stops working, the handle pulls all the way down and there is a loud "thunk". There is now light scoring on the inside of the trip where the lever connected to the handle would hit if the trip was out of position. Everything lines up and works perfectly when the handle is out of the truck. Interior handle works perfectly 100% of the time. I don't see anything in the door cavity that would cause issues and the lock is disengaged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks