• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Handles that fail to fuction

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My Deuce Door handles are the wimpyest part of the truck. The driver side does not open the door although it is still in place and turns. The passenger side works but comes out about three inches and hangs there. I have spent a few hours trying to get access to these to fix them and short of cutting a hole in the interior panel with my hole saw is there a thread that deals with this issue or does anyone have any good fixes for this problematic area of a great truck?

67Beast

Here, check my reply from this thread;http://www.steelsoldiers.com/module...phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7236&highlight=handle

Door mechs come out fairly easily throught the access panel inside the door. Remove the outer handle, then the inner handle. Then screws around the inner handle mounting area and the ones around the door striker area, and the mech will fall right out. Put it back in by snaking it up through the openning and into place.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will try that as soon as I get back home this weekend. Will the welded prawl still fit in the door access hole or does it have to be enlarged?

Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks