• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door lock adjustments?

ramdough

Finally got my doors put back together and the door lock on one side doesn’t fully unlock the door on the inside. But, I can still unlock it from the outside. Is this an adjustment issue or maybe my carpeting is catching the lock mechanism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Check for bind in the lever system. My passenger door didn't like being unlocked via the key. The inside latch worked but the key rod wasn't pushing the latch side of the lever system up. Closer inspection and the two parts that make up the lever system (that the rods attach to) was just REALLY tight and binding slightly. A little prying with a flat head and a hammer and it freed up enough for the key to push the rod.

Also might make sure the rod itself isn't flexing (but the OEM rod is pretty solid stuff as you know).