• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOOR LOGOS, As anyone seen them on these trucks?

JW7tonWY

Looks cool ! Where’s the truck from ?
Picked up in yermo, did a FOIA request for service logs and they basically said what truck? never heard of it... There is what looks like a bullet hole in the front fender (small entrance big hunks of fiberglass broke out on the back side) and what sure looked like shrapnel was sticking out of the face of one of the tires, also fond spent 50 cal brass in several places. Makes me wonder what all it got up to in its 18 years of service. Still has its IR headlights (dual lamps one Halogen and replaceable, the other LED IR)

williamh

Picked up in yermo, did a FOIA request for service logs and they basically said what truck? never heard of it... There is what looks like a bullet hole in the front fender (small entrance big hunks of fiberglass broke out on the back side) and what sure looked like shrapnel was sticking out of the face of one of the tires, also fond spent 50 cal brass in several places. Makes me wonder what all it got up to in its 18 years of service. Still has its IR headlights (dual lamps one Halogen and replaceable, the other LED IR)
I looks like a usmc recon style logo. But I can’t imagine them using a truck ? Not very silent !

JW7tonWY

I looks like a usmc recon style logo. But I can’t imagine them using a truck ? Not very silent !
well maybe with the .50 they didn't feel the need to be silent? These trucks sure can move fast cross country so would get the swift part...Kind of wondering if it was a forward OP kind of use for artillery unit maybe?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marines don't use bumper numbers for ID, but it looks like maybe the unit ID is right there in the photo with the emblem, just need the last number of the UIC.

All Marine units have a UIC (Unit Identification Code), it is an M followed by 5 numbers. It is usually somewhere on the door of MVs, sometimes also on the back and occasionally on the front. On Humvees and vehicles without hard doors, it is usually on the body under the door opening.

Below is a good example on my M813. M21640 is 8th Comm Battalion

If you can get the complete number, I can look it up on my list.

Cheers

0000000000000000000000000  OH-6 c - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks