• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Striker Issue

tgtaylor64

I was going to replace the striker bushings on my M1009 and once I got the striker bolt removed, the threaded piece in the door jamb dropped! WTH do I do now?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This would be valuable info to have on the original thread, don't you think? Why didn't you just post this there?

This is at least the third time Ranchhopper has posted the same info as above. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/737663-post19.html

If you had read the other thread completely or posted on it, you would already have the info you just asked for here in yet another thread.

This is how a Forum gets cluttered and confusing, and why people bitch about using search.

Last edited:

ranchhopper

I did I was clear that when unscrewing the striker bolt it had to be lubed up while removing and if it were not this could happen or I believe I said the threaded plate in the jamb would start turning in its pocket.Either way it happens often thats why so many are welded in place when they leave the base its just a minor problem either buy the catch plate from an auto parts store or tack weld a nut on a square piece of stock that fits in the original pocket.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry RH, my post was directed to the OP, not you. Your help has been over the top helpful, and you clearly understand how to effectively use a forum. As I have said to you before, Thank You for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks