• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door striker sticks out too far for door to shut properly.

springer1981

Turn the striker around? Also the front and rears are different. Can't see the striker in your picture.

EDIT: Found a picture of mine ...

striker.jpg

Last edited:

Autonomy_Lost

I dont think the striker is wrong or flipped around. That does appear to be the proper front striker. However, your door looks like it might be a reproduction, not a real x-door. Have any pictures of the door latch area?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is hard to see because the OP did not post a picture that included the door at the striker location but it looks like the seal is touching the body at the door handle/striker, it just appears the door does not have the correct profile to fit a HMMWV body.

springer1981

If you remove the striker does the door seal up tight all the way around? If so, you could flip the striker or try the rear striker in the front. It would literally give you 4 different striker positions to choose from.

Creed

If you remove the striker does the door seal up tight all the way around? If so, you could flip the striker or try the rear striker in the front. It would literally give you 4 different striker positions to choose from.
The back striker holes don't fit the slots. I think i just have to set the stiker at the right contact position and drill new holes. It worked for the one side. Sealed pretty good.

springer1981

The back striker holes don't fit the slots. I think i just have to set the stiker at the right contact position and drill new holes. It worked for the one side. Sealed pretty good.
I just went back and read the post ... I had just looked at the pictures LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks