• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dos 5 Tons

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting ready to pull the M54A1C into the shop and thought this would make for a good shot.

Our 1970 Kaiser XM813 w/w and our 1969 Kaiser, Mack ENDT Powered, M54A1C.

There are 4 sets of GL auction numbers on the M54A1C

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nice trucks. I love the 5tons.
They are thirsty for fuel but are worth it to me.
Might wanna hide that MACK powered unit.
AMGeneral is on a quest to buy up every MACK powered unit ever made!!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMGeneral has a great collection, I would think he's becoming quite the technical expert as well.

OK Mike, yah, yah TWO 5 Tons.

The air filters are on the passenger side fender of the M39 series diesel trucks (A1 Mack & A2 Multifuel). The Mack air filter does have a distinctive feature though, the upward turned dust/particle filter came from the factory only on the A1's (I believe).

area52

The air filters are on the passenger side fender of the M39 series diesel trucks (A1 Mack & A2 Multifuel). The Mack air filter does have a distinctive feature though, the upward turned dust/particle filter came from the factory only on the A1's (I believe).

Naw, my A2 has it also, I think it was a field add on thing?

Kevin you need to sell me that A1 though, you've got too many trucks! :-D

AMGeneral

Well,the pre cleaner is not a factory Mack powered truck addition,I think it was a MWO for trucks expected to be in extremely dusty conditions. But it is impossible to tell a Multifuel from a Mack powered M39 series without looking under the hood,at the oil pan,or hearing it run.

BTW,I did bid on that M54A1C during 2 different times it was up for auction on GL,was outbid both times!!!!