• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT air line fittings?

Mos68x

They are DOT, I was asking more about personal experience. Such as...are they really "tool-less", and can you remove the the hose from the fitting without damaging it?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I switch mine to hydraulic lines as they break or I have issues with fittings. Easier to find places to make hoses as well as you can interchange a lot of them as you can the plastic lines if a component fails but the plastic does like to bend certain way sometimes.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used the brass Parker push lock fittings with no problem. They are great where space is tight for a wrench to tighten the line compression nut. And yes the line can be removed easily without tools. The other advantage is the brake line doesn't twist as you tighten the nut. The only negative is they usually cost a bit more than the regular fittings.

The tool I have seen for taking these fittings a part will let you reach up into places where you can only one hand and it grips the line and pushes the lock ring then pulls the line out. after that you push in the new line and pull back and your done .

Ford Mechanic

We use alot of the all brass Parker fittings like that and have had no problems with them. There is a tool to help push the lock in, and sometimes washing it out with brake clean prior helps to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mos68x

I use McMaster A LOT lol that'll be just another thing I use them for. I might even use them for new o-rings for the rims since I have at least three I have to disassemble and clean out RTV from someone else.