• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

drain on fuel tank

hedgehog69

I have 2 fuel tanks that have had the brass drain extension twisted off. It was a real bear to get the remaining brass out. First I drilled it to remove as much brass as possible. I then used and easyout and it required a 16" pipewrench to finally get it broke loose and removed. I tried to find something similar..off the shelf..to replace it, but no luck. I ended up just getting a steel plug and teflon tape. this failed. I then got a brass plug and Locktite-type product. This failed. Thinking I may end up just welding this closed. Ideas??? thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like you need to use a pipe tap and clean out the threads.

Use a thread sealant that is fuel rated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks