• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

driveline bolts

ah1955

You need to be a little more decriptive on where the bolt is missing but unless the bolt would have a speicl shoulder as a line up any hardware store should be able to match you up.
Just check a bolt next to or in a simeral use for the code that is stamped on the head so you will get the same hardness rated bolt as a replacment.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last week I was under my truck and found all my driveline bolts loose on the short driveshaft between the tranny and transfer case. Probably a good time for everybody to get under there and check them.

Scrounger

We used to call them jack shaft bolts. They used to loosen all the time and we had to check and tighten them all the regularly. I think Bjorn is correct about the lock nuts, but I also think that the bolts get stretched and loose torque over time. Any good quality grade 8 bolt and nut will work, however the “correct” nut will be a FLEXLOC nut by SPS fasteners.