• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver side grounding cable?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
did a serch nothing came up so can anyone tell me where i can find this?? or does anyone have a part number? ( now i know what your thinking why doest he cut off the end and make a new connection). well i like factory connections there better then anything i would do

crap sorry guys this is to the driver side alternator

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look up the NSN or part number in the -20P? Did you google search that part number?

I would simply make a new wire.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry about what?

I was just asking, that's where I would have started.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
did a serch nothing came up so can anyone tell me where i can find this?? or does anyone have a part number? ( now i know what your thinking why doest he cut off the end and make a new connection). well i like factory connections there better then anything i would do

crap sorry guys this is to the driver side alternator
Check with HAWKMAN, he has/had a bunch of CUCV parts trucks.

Your best bet is to find a used one. Being 25+ years old, you probably won't find a new one.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get a replacement ring terminal at home depot. Bring the cable with you and find the terminal that fits perfect. Good to go.

ring terminal - Google Product Search
Yes that would be easiest, but he wants a factory end.

It's funny we have people that want to hack up their wiring and we have people that want to keep it completly original. I tend to lean towards the original myself....

Jake0147

I'm not positive, but I think it's obsolete through GM... It came from their government division, it's unique to the CUCV, so I wouldn't count on it at the parts counter as an assembly.

I THINK that they still have those exact rings (those are nothing unique) and the fancy (kind of dissapointingly simple actually) pliers in the essential tools kit. That IS the one that makes those "original" crimps that you could hang a truck from. Might be worth asking.