• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver's Checklist for V100

Maple Leaf Eh

The Cold War Collection's V100 has arrived and done its first show. We had one little tike who was so upset we shut down viewing while the Snowbirds were doing their show. The vehicle was very popular with the crowds.

When me and the other presenter were examining the vehicle, we were wondering what tools the driver would have carried for routine maintenance. I have not seen a list of screwdrivers, wrenches, pry bars and gas cap tools in any of the references available. Where can I find a list of what the driver carried for day to day maintenance?

BTW - I haven't been a Private since Centurion was a rank not a tank, and I turned in my parade sandals and spear.

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cadillac Gage's 101927 part manual lists a basic Vehicle Deluxe tool set and a larger Mechanics set. For reasons unknown neither include bottle openers or rolling papers.

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like a third and fourth set are in there too, on page 211. A Vehicle O.V.E., four hand tools (I assume O.V.E. stands for On-Vehicle Equipment) and a Vehicle, Basic set.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean by "Cold War Collection"? Is this at the Ontario Regiment Museum?

Maple Leaf Eh

The Cold War Collection is in Ontario, but not Oshawa. V100 SN 10799 is the newest acquisition, and came from Western Canada where it did a lot of film work.

The collection is owned by a group of businessmen. The mission is to display running vehicles at public events versus hosting nonrunners in a static situation. This is the polar opposite of the very fine assortment of nonrunners owned by the Canadian War Museum.

The next big show is likely to be the last weekend of August at a free event to be called 'Awesome Tanks'. Last year the Collection showed its Ferret and Scorpion. The museum rolled its 1941 Lee, its Grizzly and some M113 family variants.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks