• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveshaft specs MTV clarification

coachgeo

Starting to dig thru TM's and pages here for the various Specs on the T/Case to Intermediate Axle and want to make sure I don't miss anything since the spec info in the TM's may fall in various locations . So with that in mind if anyone knows any of the specs for them or even the 1078 family please do post up. Will be passing this info on to the driveline shop who will be making up my Driveshaft for me.

Much thanx in advance.

coachgeo

Found the hinging spec for the MTV - (No greater than 0.020 in. (0.508 mm) ) but that is all can find so far. Anyone got ideas for good search Keywords can use to search thru the TM's and this site with to find more details. TM's do use the word "drive shaft" and not "propeller shaft" . Surprisingly they use drive shaft name for other smaller shafts as well.

coachgeo

For others reference

. The rears on 1078 and apprently on the 6x6 as well (needs clarification) are 1610 series Spicer driveshafts
Spicer parts
. 5-3-2261KX. Slip yoke
. 5-40-1051 slip stub
. 5-28-327 tube yoke
. 4.00x.134 tube

. 5-574x ujoint

Hinging test on MTV 6x6 according to TM's appears to be same for front and rear (see attached). Did not come across a separate test for front drive shaft. Looks to be same standards as the 1078 family as well according to other post in here.
DShaftRearHngeTst.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks