• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving from southeast NM to Pennsylvania and back

grywitt

I will be driving from NM to Penn with a 40 foot trailer and only about 10 feet of deck used around may 5th and returning the next weekend with only about 20 feet used up. I thought about renting a smaller trailer but I need the whole 8 foot wide deck and the trailers around me I can rent only have about 6 foot wide decks. I already own the 40 footer but boy is it long lol. Anyway if someone needs something picked up from the auction yard in Pennsylvania or Jersey that lives along that rout ish maybe I could help out. I'll be visiting a friend in the area for most of the week so there will be a delay from pickup to transport. Just thought I would throw that out there since I'm making the trip and taking my big trailer.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be driving from NM to Penn with a 40 foot trailer and only about 10 feet of deck used around may 5th and returning the next weekend with only about 20 feet used up. I thought about renting a smaller trailer but I need the whole 8 foot wide deck and the trailers around me I can rent only have about 6 foot wide decks. I already own the 40 footer but boy is it long lol. Anyway if someone needs something picked up from the auction yard in Pennsylvania or Jersey that lives along that rout ish maybe I could help out. I'll be visiting a friend in the area for most of the week so there will be a delay from pickup to transport. Just thought I would throw that out there since I'm making the trip and taking my big trailer.
I've made that drive 2-3 times on i40 from Lamy to Philly. Good luck and rest often! Took me 8-10 fillips the last time. You will observe the lowest form of humanity (car drivers) on that route. Be safe. Jolt is a fantastic drink!

also, personal note, if you run into any of my relatives in the Del-Val area, please flip them off and leave them on the road where you hit them 🤣. I'll pay for any fender repairs on that😉.

grywitt

I could use a fuel tank for a 5 ton from eastern equipment and I could meet you around I70 and Ohio Indiana border
Okay. Hey sorry but the guy that was buying the excavator from me is starting to have cold feet now so my plans might be changing. I don't know for sure yet but just wanted to let you know and anybody reading, this might not be happening the way I thought it was after all. If the plan falls back into place I will definitely get back with you. From what I saw of what you were asking that would have been a pretty good fit.

grywitt

I could use a fuel tank for a 5 ton from eastern equipment and I could meet you around I70 and Ohio Indiana border
What are the dimensions of that tank? I'm definitely making the trip but I might not be bringing my trailer. The only other problem there might be is I was planning on starting the trip Saturday or Sunday so would I be able to pick it up on the weekend? This would fit in the bed of a truck wouldn't it? My return load is a trailer I'm just not sure if I trust it to drag it across the country sight unseen so now I'm deciding if I want to risk that.

Joe Bertram

What are the dimensions of that tank? I'm definitely making the trip but I might not be bringing my trailer. The only other problem there might be is I was planning on starting the trip Saturday or Sunday so would I be able to pick it up on the weekend? This would fit in the bed of a truck wouldn't it? My return load is a trailer I'm just not sure if I trust it to drag it across the country sight unseen so now I'm deciding if I want to risk that.
I'm not sure on pick up I can call them tomorrow and see for sure. It would definitely fit in bed of a pickup 2 of them fit perfectly on a pallet and I only need 1. Shipping on it is as much as the tank and I figured I'd find someone making a trip sometime

grywitt

Planet.GOV auction?

Good Luck on the drive. Hope it is scenic and sunny.

Cheers
I didn't see this message. Yes I am going to pick up a couple things I bid on in Pennsylvania and New Jersey from Govplanet. I had bid on those things because a buddy of mine wanted to buy something from me so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Then once I bid and was going to bring it he changed his mind. I guess I you didn't need to know all that. Ha ha. I'm thinking I'll be heading out on Friday now so I might be able to pick that up for you. Is that eastern equipment in Clovis? My wife and I are going to make a little vacation out of it. She hasn't been to that part of the country yet.

Joe Bertram

I didn't see this message. Yes I am going to pick up a couple things I bid on in Pennsylvania and New Jersey from Govplanet. I had bid on those things because a buddy of mine wanted to buy something from me so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Then once I bid and was going to bring it he changed his mind. I guess I you didn't need to know all that. Ha ha. I'm thinking I'll be heading out on Friday now so I might be able to pick that up for you. Is that eastern equipment in Clovis? My wife and I are going to make a little vacation out of it. She hasn't been to that part of the country yet.
I'll pm you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks