• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DRMO Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area)

NEIOWA

DRMO Mechanicsburg is right of of I11. I have 134 handheld Motorola handheld radios at the DRMO (not govliquidation) for the fire depts in my county (Buchanan Co, Iowa). The gov't employees at Mechanicsburg apparently can't be bothered to box/tape boxes so FEDEX Ground can make pickup (unlike other DRMOs I've used).

Anyone in the area that would be willing to pickup these radios for us?

Total of around 100lb. Need to either get them to a FEDEX pack/ship place or if you're willing to do so tape up the box/boxes for FEDEX Ground pickup that would be even better. I'm sure they are in some kind of cardboard boxes. We will have the FEDEX GROUND freight billed to our account.

FrankUSMC

Did you asked the DRMO guys if there was some in the area that does pick up and packaging? I was going to buy out a guy who did it here at MCAS Cherry point when I retired from the Marines, but I heard of the DRMO down sizing and did go through with it. This guy had a ware house and trucks to pick up your goods after you paid for them. He would wrap, box or pallet your stuff for shipment.
One of the few, Frank

Low-Tech-Redneck

When do you need em' picked up? I live about 2 hours away from Letterkenny, and if you need me to haul em' home for you and then find a way to get them safely packaged and shipped to you, I'd be more than willing to help out a fellow SS member.

ida34

When I was picking up a truck at Fort Knox a local UPS store guy was there and he seemed to be on a first name basis with the gl people. He also said he regularly picks stuff up an ships it for people. Check the yellow pages for a UPS store near the base. They may provide the same service.

NEIOWA

I'm late responding. DRMO wanted the gone quick so we able to beg our County Emerg Mgmt guy to come up with some $ to have the local Fedex pack/ship place make the pickup. Works out ok.

Thanks to those who offered to help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks