• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drop down gear issue

hatleyn

On my driver side drop down gear I am having a issue. The outer shaft broke the other day. I took the wheel off then the hub luckily i had a replacement outer shaft. I got all the metal out of it and checked the actually drop down gears to make sure they were free they were. Put the new shaft in with the ball knuckle put tire back on and went to drive but the tire just spins freely no power to it. The rider side front tire is fine and has power. So i pulled it back into my shop and took it all back apart. I took the actually drop down cover off the one with like 12 bolts or something. It has 3 gears. They all appear to line up correct. I put it back together and tighten all the nuts up. HERE IS MY PROBLEM. When i try to put the inner knuckle shaft into the bottom drop down gear it will not go it seem to be at like a downward angle the gear inside that it. So if i loosing up some of the bottom bolts on the drop down gear housing i can slide the shift right in but as soon as i start to tighting them up the shaft just locks up. I tried to explain it the best i can any help will be great, as my father passed away about 2 months ago and im trying to do all the work by my self.:tigger:

Thanks,

neil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks