• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drove the M936A2 for the first time today. Could use some advise.

corvette9

Well we filled the hyd. oil for the crane and everthing works fine. No idea why they drained the tank. Then I took it for a ride. Very diff. then the M 543's I had 30 years ago. I think these big tires make the truck feel alittle unstable to me but thats the way it is.

One thing bothering me is the trans temp. With the truck at idel till the coolant temp was up to 180. The trans gauge is reading 275. I have other civil. trucks with Allisons and the temp never moves unless I am pulling a heavy load. So what are you guys seeing for temps?

The truck pulled up hill ok but I do think I will juice it alittle. I may buy one of the kits I read about on the forum. The town I live in is all hills so it needs some help for sure. Any help would be great.

Brian G.

dk8019

That sounds very, very, very bad. Have you read the -10 on the truck yet? It should never exceed 220F during normal operation.

I would suspect two things:

1. I assume you've checked the level per the TM, if not, it maybe very low.
2. The gauge is faulty.

dburt

I would suspect the guage as faulty- make sure all your ground wires are clean and tight. Many times issues with eratic and faulty guages stem from bad grounds in the electrical system.

corvette9

Thanks for the help guys. Right now it is at my buddys diesel shop. I want him to change all fliuds and replace one hyd. hose that has a small leak. Once I get it to my shop I will start taking care of little problems. I know one thing for sure is I am going to boost power for sure. I may go with the TST kit I read about on here. Sounds like a good upgrade.

Brian G.