• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DT360 swap

countryboy

I have a M1008 and i am in progress of putting a 350 in it but would think it would be nice to have a diesel and would like a DT360 and am wondering what all would need to be changed to make the DT360 fit and mount up to everything right is there a adapter plate to make it bolt up to a turbo 400

1stDeuce

Hmmm. Assuming a DT360 is roughly the size of a cummins, you have your work cut out for you... It's pretty long for the engine bay, though it should fit. I think it's pretty tall too, but it should squeeze between the hood and axle, as I've seen 5.9's in the old Chevy's a few times.
Think I'd look for a DT360 that's hooked to an Allison rather than trying to adapt it to your TH400. That way you have some semblance of decent mileage and top speed. Don't know what the rated speed of a DT360 is, but I bet it's not 3600 RPM... Probably 1000 less than that if I had to guess... ??

If you do it, I wanna see pics!
C

countryboy

I dont have much money to spend on it right now but i think i know someone i might be able to get A DT360 from thats in a old bus and i want to try and keep the electric stuff to a minimum

countryboy

that is convincing could the Detroit 4-53 be adapted to a turbo 400 and how hard is it to get that to fit into the space because it looks pretty crowded under the hood and if i had the money and time i would definetly put that in my cucv