• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dual brake system A3 vs A2

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
On the late model A2's they had a dual master cylinder. Is it the same set up as was used later in the A3's?

What manual is the late model A2 brake system covered in? I checked the last version of the parts manual and don't see it.

pjvargas

Mod order

There must be a Maintenance Work Order (MWO) or other instruction (Depot level modification??) that has the detailed parts and mdification work detailed on how to do this modification. I'm guessing an MWO tag would have to be added to any modified truck to alert maintenance folks that the truck had been modified. Page 1-2 is missing from the attached SMARPI which may have referenced this modification publication. Also the usable on code section (page F-5) of the SMARPI lists usable on codes for the M35A2 w/ winch, M35A2C w/o winch, M35A2C w/ winch, M36A2 w/o winch, M49A2C w/o winch, and M50A3 w/o winch (indicating that an M35A2 w/o winch would not have been modified). Does anyone have the detailed instructions on how to do this modification?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis has the master cylinders. You will also need the mounting bracket for the m/c and some small components. You'll be better off finding a parts truck to rob everything from. (I'd try CSI).

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was never a MWO. From the research I have done, it seems the only trucks to get the dual circut brakes was the later 85ish on up USAF trucks.

Memphis a few years ago had the Dual MC and perportioning valve.

papercu

Years ago I bought a truck out of Ft. Stewart that had the dash mounted warning light and the parking brake switch installed and a copy of the SMARPI TM in the glove box. I don't think anything under the truck was done, but at least one was started. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks