• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duel Fuel Filters.

cucvrus

Extra expense of filter and service of filter. And I am thinking it would add resistance to the fuel flow. If the stock one is working and not leaking it was there for 30 years why change the design now. I am sure the system will work for another 30 years. The only part that leaks on the filter is the part hat you don't need anyway. So if it does leak just replace the switch or plug it. I never plugged one I just serviced the $20. switch but that is me. Do as you wish but if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. I gave you my .98 cents worth of advice. Have a good day.

m1008chevy

I had some black plastic specs in my injection pump, i just wanted to ensure it isn't coming from the fuel tank. That is why I was considering adding a second filter with higher micron rating, but if i loss power by restricting the fuel flow I will probably stick with the stock setup. Also have vibration and a bit of a rough idle, only at idle and from what I have read from this forum, some users have had luck fixing this problem by changing to the spin on fuel filter. I have already pressure tested all the fuel lines and the stock filter base, but I have heard that it can still be the issue.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you change to the spin on filter I would remove the stock filter as it doubles the potential for problems.

m1008chevy

Yeah ill probably do that, but I need to come up with some way to bleed the system with the napa filter base 4309. Also concerned about starting it in the winter without the fuel heater. It can go down to -20C, (which is about - 4F) in British Columbia, Canada.

cucvrus

Black plastic/rubber specks in the injection pump is a bad sign. That normally means time for a rebuilt injection pump. The head of the pump/governor is coming apart. Not good. And if you want to do the job right. I would remove the fuel tank and change the pick up sock filter on the end of the sending unit. Thats just me. I do things that are hard and smile while I am doing them. That way you have done everything that needs done with the fuel system. And while you have the tank down it is a good time to paint and under coat all the parts. See how I am?

m1008chevy

20150911_170735.jpg20150911_170743.jpgPainting is already done my friend. Should have probably cleaned the tank and chaned the sock while the bed was off in retrospect. Oh well is will come off alot easier this time, without cutting any bed bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks