• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dukw

RICKSHAWSAUTO

i have a dukw not much left to complete it , i would nice to know where it originated from , is there anyone that can help .
i would like to put orginal markings on it , and paint color , ser # is 35318844

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

It would be nice to see pictures of your DUKW. and pehaps you could post up the data plate numbers etc. With that information some help could be forthcoming.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do not know of any database out there that will allow you to tie the VIN of your DUKW to any military markings. If your DUKW has been sanded or sandblasted and the original markings don't exist anymore, I'd say you're probably out of luck.

Sorry

p.s.-I'd also like to see pictures of it.

p.p.s.-I'm moving your thread to the CCKW section. The "website help" forum you originally posted in is more for issues with the steel soldiers site itself, like needing help posting pictures or stuff like that.

C

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a registry of DUKW's in private hands that you can figure out what the numbers should be. You will need the serial number of your DUKW and the serial numbers closest to what you have in the registry (above and below), then look at the registration numbers of those vehicles. The sequence follows (tracks) almost exactly. That's what I did to get Joel's registration number for the one we recovered in NC for him.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I have the list of DUKW serial numbers/USA numbers that Bill Keen (rest in peace ole buddy) started back in the 90's. I have kept it updated over the years. If you send me your e mail address I will send you the list.
Thanks,
Steve
sgreenb810@aol.com

RICKSHAWSAUTO

hi I have a list of dukw ser#s and usa #s / provided to me from steve Greenberg . from that list I was
able to calculate the usa numbers and serial numbers , so if yours is missing I can show you how to figure
it out , [ I need one or the other # ] my ser # is 35318844 / I did not have the usa # I now know it is 7033135,
some are easy , because they are numericaly in order , others are not , thanks rick

Azoal

i have a dukw not much left to complete it , i would nice to know where it originated from , is there anyone that can help .
i would like to put orginal markings on it , and paint color , ser # is 35318844
I know it is an old post but I can cross those numbers for you. the registration number:
built in Pontiac MI plant on sales order TC-200635, on contract W-20-018=ORD-6053. Let me know if it is still out there, I would like to add it to my list

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks