• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E-Bay Wiring Harness

Barrman

I have seen several "complete" M35 wiring harness listed on E-Bay lately. My truck has no wires on it at all. So, I need a complete harness. My problem and question is this. Has anyone here bought one of the ones and can you tell me if the rear wiring to the tail lights is included? I can identify stuff from the front harness only including the plug that connects to the rear, but not the rear side of the plug in the pictures posted.

Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the rear harness is not included and a little more difficult to find. Jeff at FLMV has rear harnesses listed as for the M35 but the are actually for the M342A2. Should fit but the tail lights on the 342 are much closer together. I have one of his 342 harnesses strung on the wrecker but because of the width of the lights, I needed to make extenders for the light hookup. Also, research the wiring on ebay, there are several surplus peddlers selling a multifuel harness that in actuality for the M35A1. The harness has some major differences. They are not lying, it's for a multifuel, just a very rare multifuel.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been watching those same harnesses. I was going to verify the part no. thru the maint manuals before buying...and I would recommend the same.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M35A2 (not gassers and A1's) series trucks all use the same front harness.. NSN 2590-01-016-3187, Part # 11677081

Back harnesses.. There are several..
NSN 5995-00-076-6000 Part # 10896676
Fits: M35A2, M35A2C, M36A2, M109A3, and M185A3 (Cargos and Vans)

NSN 6150-00-489-0329 Part # 10896677
Fits M49A2C's and M50A3's (Tankers)

NSN 5995-00-477-9881 Part #11609670
Fits M275A2

NSN 2590-00-189-5510 Part #10897095
Fits M342A2

Pipeline Deuce uses #11609696 and 4 others.. 1 for front clearance, 1 for front markers, 1 for left markers and one for right markers and rear markers. M342A2 harness is the one that Jeff at FLMV has/had in stock.

This info comes right from the latest -24P TM. The winch (or lack of) on a truck has no bearing on the electrcial system, so that fact does not matter when it comes to "which harness is for me" question.

So if you have a M35A2 series truck, these are the harnesses you need... Anything else, even if the NSN or Part # is ONE number off, wont work.

Last edited:

Crazyguyla

I bought two harnesses. One for a multifuel and one for a gasser. The multifuel one fits the gasser engine pretty well and really helps update the harness. I believer the harness is for an early production A2. It has all the connections for the starter switch and flame heater, but has the cannon plugs for the 25 Amp voltage regulator. I have taken the gasser specific wiring and Incorporated it into the multifuel harness. When time permits, i'll probably remove the wiring for flame heater and starter motor. As a side note. The circut used by the flame heater on the multifuels is the same circut used that powers the distributor on the gassers. Now I have a gasser with updated Packard connectors and new Douglas connectors to use on things that do not have Packard connectors yet.

If you can verify it's the harness you need, they're worth getting :)

Barrman

Marcus,
That is exactly what I planned to do with my Gasser. Use the multifuel harness to update all the wires and connectors. Thanks for the feedback.

I also have another M715 to wire up. The Gasser M35 and the M715 need just about the same wires at the same place, so I am going to get one for it too.

Thanks for the part numbers Gentlemen and the advice.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, the latest 24P doesn't cover all the rear harnesses as they don't cover the trucks. The M275A2 uses harness #11609670 NSN 5995-00-477-9881. The M342A2 uses #10897095 NSN 2590-00-189-5510. The Pipeline uses #11609696 and I can't find the NSN to that one. It also has 4 other branched harnesses in the rear. 1 for front clearance, 1 for front markers, 1 for left markers and one for right markers and rear markers. BTW, the M342A2 harness is the one that Jeff at FLMV has/had in stock.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, 3 questions:

1. Who has the above wiring harnesses for A2 and how hard should the gold card expect to cringe? I want to replace all the wiring on mine.

2. I believe my truck originally had a generator (I can see where the regulator was mounted to the firewall) and now has the 60 amp alternator. If all A2's use the same front harness.......and my truck is definitely a '67 A2 (verified by serial #) and it originally had a generator.......then doesn't that mean there are at least 2 part #'s for A2 front harness?

3. Only 2 harnesses? Front and rear? I assume all the underdash wiring is in the front harness.....

surpdlr

Re: RE: E-Bay Wiring Harness

clinto said:
ok, 3 questions:

1. Who has the above wiring harnesses for A2 and how hard should the gold card expect to cringe? I want to replace all the wiring on mine.

2. I believe my truck originally had a generator (I can see where the regulator was mounted to the firewall) and now has the 60 amp alternator. If all A2's use the same front harness.......and my truck is definitely a '67 A2 (verified by serial #) and it originally had a generator.......then doesn't that mean there are at least 2 part #'s for A2 front harness?

3. Only 2 harnesses? Front and rear? I assume all the underdash wiring is in the front harness.....
1. I show 1ea of 2590-01-016-3187 WIRE HARN FRONT 2 1/2T MULTI in stock for $145.00plus shipping.

2. It is the upgraded harness set up with turn signals and 60 amp alt.

3. Correct.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,

The front hareness is set up for the 60 amp genny already, unless it is 40+ years old.. Check with the seller.

There are 2, and front and rear. The dash wiring is on the front one. The split is AFTER the cab.

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: E-Bay Wiring Harness

mangus580 said:
Doesnt really answer his question though Jeff!

[thumbzup]
Answered question # 1...... for the front harness.
and question #2, and now #3.........

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The harness's are easy to swap too. I got mine from Antelope valley. I gave them my part numbers, they had to acquire one and they were shipped two days later. I would try ebay first, but they are not that expensive from the dealers.

CGarbee

I got a new rear harness from Saturn Surplus a while back for a duece that I was rebuilding (somebody had cut the lines about four feet back from the tailights...). Looked to be for a M36 as it was a couple of feet longer than it needed to be (just put a loop in the cable along the frame rail to take up the slack)...

Forgot what I paid for it, but is was innexpensive enough that I figured it was a better use of my time to swap the assembly than to spice in wire to repair the one that was on the truck...

On another note and as a plug for Saturn Surplus: I placed an online order two days ago for some miscellanious electrical components (connectors, wire, switches, etc.) and UPS dropped them off yesterday morning. Less then 24 hours from order to me (PA to NC), and everything has that wonderful "new" smell... :)

Barrman

Since this thread is alive again.

I bought one of the ones KCGonzo sells on E-bay for $75. it is just the front harness, meant for the old non solid state blinker system and a generator.

Not a problem for me since I am switching my Gasser over to Packard fittings throughout and have a solid state blinker harness to splice in. I will add a Saturn rear M36 harness and be just about done with the wires.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it seems to me the guy on ebay is lying. it is not a conpmlet harness at all. front harnes is at staurn for $45, rear at memphis for $67 (m-36) just 5' too long, coil it up. a1 harness is VERY easy to make fit A2, just 2 simple changes, and it does have the starter button plug. tom, from a beach in haiti. really.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, how about a wiring harness for a M211? Hmmm? custom work the only way to go? or 40 yr old replacement just as bad as the one in the truck already?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haiti Tom? If you're near Port de Paix, your pretty close to my father in law. Used to be a beautiful country.

jasonjc

Haiti, I was there in the early 90's. Took a nice cruise there, left from the Bahamas an boad an Army LST. What a nice boat ride that was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks