• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Earning her keep - Queen Lola brings some gravel home

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really just an excuse to post a couple of pictures. :smile:

I learned that my truck is a little lighter than I thought (6250 kg empty/13778 lbs) without troop seats, bows etc.

4 tons of river wash are actually cheap if you can pick it up by the ton (pit charged me 17 bucks a ton loaded).

The ride is a lot more comfortable with the weight in the back. Also, watching the loader dump four tons into the bed is much less strenuous than shovelling four tons off the bed and carting it away in the wheelbarrow...

Attachments

dutchguy

Man, I hear ya. A few weeks ago, I "had" to go pick up 4 yards of mulch (the guys at the landscape supply were drooling over my rig, or maybe laughing, it was hard to tell), then the following Saturday I "had" to go get 4 yards of topsoil for some lawn improvement and garden work. The 4 yards of topsoil weighed in at 8,000 to 9,000 lbs, according to them, and the Deuce seemed to enjoy her exercise. The brake pedal needed a little more persuasion, but the ride sure was nice!:smile: Now my future daughter-in-law wants mulch, and I need some more topsoil......:grd:

Im impressed love yall trucks im drooling i love seeing these trucks working and the reaction on peoples faces when it hauls more than thier $30,000 dollar new truck [thumbzup]OD green fever once u have it u cant get rid of it :cool:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I hear ya. A few weeks ago, I "had" to go pick up 4 yards of mulch (the guys at the landscape supply were drooling over my rig, or maybe laughing, it was hard to tell), then the following Saturday I "had" to go get 4 yards of topsoil for some lawn improvement and garden work. The 4 yards of topsoil weighed in at 8,000 to 9,000 lbs, according to them, and the Deuce seemed to enjoy her exercise. The brake pedal needed a little more persuasion, but the ride sure was nice!:smile: Now my future daughter-in-law wants mulch, and I need some more topsoil......:grd:

Funny, that. I was just telling my wife that I "need" more gravel for the driveway....